GRE 2019– The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is a world-renowned standardized test that is conducted at 1,000 test centers in more than 160 countries. Candidates, willing to take admission into the Graduate Schools in the United States, they may appear in GRE 2019. The GRE test is being administrated by Educational Testing Service (ETS), US-based organization who introduced it in the year 1949. The exam mainly targets questions from Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Writing, and Quantitative Reasoning. The GRE exam has to formats i.e. computer-based and paper-based exam.
The GRE General Test allows you to perform best on the test day. If you think you haven’t performed well on the test day, that’s completely okay. You may retake the exam and then send only the performance you wish schools to see. So, let’s explore the GRE General Test in terms of eligibility criteria, registration procedure, test pattern, test center, test dates etc.
Quick Overview of the GRE 2019 Exam
|Exam Name||GRE® 2019|
|Type of Test||GRE® General Test (Aptitude) & GRE Subject Test (Subjective)|
|Administrator||Educational Testing Service (ETS), a US-based organization.|
|Paper Section||Quantitative Reasoning, Analytical Writing, and Verbal reasoning.|
|Mode of the Exam||Computer-based and Paper-Based|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours and 45 minutes|
|Eligibility Criteria||No specific eligibility requirement is there, however University and Grad School has their own admission criteria for a particular course which needs to be fulfilled by the applicants.|
Download Here- GRE Last Year Information Bulletin
GRE Test Eligibility Criteria 2019
This test has no specific eligibility criteria for participation in the exam. Anyone can apply for GRE 2019 exam regardless of age and academic qualification. However, the University/Institutes have their own admission criteria for different courses which applicants should fulfill. Potential graduates and B-schools applicants from all over the world who are willing to pursue an MBA, Master’s, specialized master’s business or doctoral degree can appear in the GRE test. GRE score is accepted by universities in US and Canada. However, Universities in the Asian and Europan country have also started accepting GRE scores for admission to a number of Graduate courses. List of graduate and business schools accepting GRE Test score- Check Here
GRE Registration 2019- Test Centers and Dates
Educational Testing Service (ETS) conducts the GRE® General Test at more than 1000 exam centers located in more than 160 countries. The test is organized in both computer-based and paper-based modes. The computer-based GRE test is conducted all through the year, whereas, the paper-based test is conducted three times in a year at selected locations.
There are no such exam dates for GRE General Test. The candidates can appear in computer based test of GRE 2019 once in every 21 days and he/she can appear maximum five times in a same year. The is count is applied even the candidate reject his/her scores of previous test.
Please evaluate the following details carefully. There are a number of things you should take care of before registering for GRE® General Test. for more info about GRE Test Dates 2019 Click here
Online Registration Checklists for GRE Test
Before you go for registration of GRE® General Test, it is crucial to know the registration process including fee, registration modes, and other requirements. After going through GRE Test policies and registration procedure choose appropriate exam date and centre as per your convenience. Go through following information:
- Visit official website of ETS and create an ETS account for GRE 2019 Test. It will help you to acquire latest test center information
- Select the GRE test either GRE General Test or GRE Subject Test.
- Decide the test date and test mode, whether it is computer-delivered or paper-delivered tests.
- Select date of GRE test and location which suits you.
- Provide information about your academic qualification for GRE Registration.
- Check fee details and accordingly go for payment of GRE Registration Fee.
- You need to recommended to read the reschedule and cancellation policies of the test.
- Check out the list of valid IDs. You will be required to bring valid ID when you report to the test center.
GRE Test Registration Procedure 2019
- Create Your ETS Account– In order to register for GRE Test; you need to create an ETS account. Please read all the necessary guidelines prior to the GRE Test registration.
- Check out the ID Requirements: You will have to bring a valid ID on the test day. Therefore, review the list of permissible IDs.
- Choose the Test Centres and Dates: You need to check the test centers and dates for appearing in GRE General Test. Select the test date and test centre which you find suitable. You may also check the seat availability.
- Register for the Computer-based Test– The computer-delivered test is conducted throughout the year. You can register for the same online or by phone.
- Register for the Paper-based Test– The paper-based test is conducted three times in a year at selected locations where the computer-based test is not conducted.
- Cancelling or Rescheduling the Test: A candidate can either cancel or reschedule his/her test date and centre at any time. However, it is suggested to do the same at least 4 days before (10 days before in Mainland China).
The test fee specified for GRE Subject Test is $230 in Australia, $220.70 in China, $220 in Nigeria and $205 in all other parts of the world.
|Special Cases||Prescribed Fees|
|Rescheduling Fee||$53.90 in China ($50 in all other areas of the world)|
|If a candidate wants to change his/her test center||$50|
|Late registration fee (Registration for paper-delivered test)||$25|
|Standby testing (For paper-based test only)||$50|
Official website: https://www.ets.org/gre
GRE 2019 Test Pattern
Here is the comprehensive analysis of GRE 2019 test pattern, which will definitely help you in preparation for the GRE Test:
The GRE test contains questions from three major subjects including Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. The test will be conducted over duration of 3 hours 45 minutes. Additionally, candidates will have to appear in two other variable sections which are non-scoring and research sections.
The GRE exam pattern also includes 6 GRE Subjects Tests. They are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Psychology and Literature in English. The GRE Subject Tests are paper-delivered tests which are conducted worldwide three times in a year. The Total duration of the test is 2 hours and 50 minutes.
Procedures and Regulations need to be followed on GRE Test Day
- Dress up yourself in a way so that you can survive at room temperature.
- You need to report to the test at least 30 minutes before your scheduled testing time.
- You are not allowed to bring tobacco, food, and beverages in the room.
- Firearms and weapons are strictly banned in the test center.
- In case you have health-related issues then you can bring the necessary equipment, snacks or beverages. However, you’ll have to follow required norms.
- You will be assigned a seat by the test administrator.
- You are not permitted to leave the testing room during the test.
GRE 2019 Scores
- If a candidate has taken the test on or after July 3, 2017, scores will be reportable through July 2, 2022.
- GRE scores earned before July 2012 are no longer available to report.
A candidate can check out the actual date at which his/her scores will be no longer reportable by a calculator. Candidates can access the calculator from the official website of ETS. Please check out the scoring pattern mentioned below:
|Quantitative Reasoning||130–170, in 1 point increments|
|Verbal Reasoning||130–170, in 1 point increments|
|Analytical Writing||0–6, in half-point increments|
GRE 2019 Result
ETS will send an email notification to the candidates who appeared in the test regarding the availability of scores. Candidates can check their result from their respective ETS account. The official result will be published within 10 to 15 days of the GRE test date.
Note: If candidates are not satisfied with their performance in the GRE Test and the score is not as per the expectations then need not to worry. You can cancel the score and may appear in the next test by scheduling the test date in the same process as earlier. It is one of the prestigious exam for the candidates who are looking for admission in global universities hence you must prepare yourself before scheduling the test date and location.
Stay connected with us for more update on GRE 2019 Test