GMAT 2019 (Graduate Management Admission Test) is a computer adaptive test which is designed to assess candidate’s writing skill, analytical skill, verbal and reading skill in written English. The GMAT is a gateway for admission in graduate management programmes such as MBA and Masters in Finance related courses in Foreign Universities. GMAT score is considered by various foreign Universities or institutions for admission purpose. It is an International level entrance test hence difficulty level of this exam is quite tough. It means, you must have great skills and dedication to qualify this exam. The Graduate Management Admission Council is the concerned authority which looks after this exam.
Do you know 9 out of 10 fresh MBA admissions in Foreign Universities/Institutions (some institutions in India also) are made on the basis of GMAT score? Every year, more than 2,00000 students appear in this exam seeking admission in management courses at global universities. Probably, you are excited to know about this exam. Please explore this post as we have tried here to provide every possible detail related to GMAT 2019 exam including registration process, eligibility, examination pattern, crucial dates.
New Changes in GMAT 2019
The Graduate Management Admission Council has reduced the test timing for GMAT by 30 minutes. It means the new test will be conducted over duration of 3 hours and 30 minutes. This new rule came into effect from 16th April 2018.
Who Conducts GMAT Exam?
The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) is the concerned authority which administrates GMAT test in 114 countries around the world. The test was introduced in the year 1953 and since then we can see the highest rise in its popularity among MBA aspirants globally.
Why Take the GMAT Exam?
Let’s have a look at major advantages of taking GMAT exam:
- GMAT score is provided highest priority during the business school admission process. Over 200,000 candidates take the GMAT exam every year.
- Your GMAT score shows that you are seriously interested to build your career in management field. The test also reveals your obligation and willingness for the rigors of a management program.
- The pattern of GMAT exam is designed particularly to test your skills required to study a graduate business program.
- It has become an industry standard now.
Quick Facts about GMAT 2019
|Test Name||Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)|
|Administrator of the Exam||Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)|
|Skills Tested in the Exam||Verbal reasoning, Quantitative reasoning, analytical writing, integrated reasoning|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours and 30 Minutes (From 16th April 2018)|
|Aim||For admission into Graduate management courses in top B-Schools|
|Validity of GMAT score||5 Years|
|Minimum Eligibility||A Graduate or Going to be Graduate|
GMAT Test Dates 2019
- GMAT test does not have any particular test dates. It is available around the world through the year.
- You can schedule the test whenever you think you are prepared for the exam and able to book a spot at a nearby exam center.
- You should schedule GMAT exam at least 21 days before your application deadline.
- You can schedule the GMAT exam by paying $250 as the scheduling fee.
- It is possible to reschedule your GMAT exam but it’s not free. You have to pay $50 if you reschedule your exam more than a week in advance. However, if you reschedule your exam within a week then you have to pay $250 extra.
How to Register for GMAT 2019?
Before proceeding for GMAT registration, you should know the minimum eligibility requirements for the exam. Check eligibility criteria details below:
GMAT Eligibility Criteria
There is no official prerequisite for appearing in GMAT exam. However, candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree. Appearing candidates may also apply.
Steps to Register for GMAT
Candidates must know that they can register for GMAT throughout the year. The GMAT registration involves following steps, please consider it while registering online for the exam:
- Step 1: First of all, you need to visit the official website of GMAT i.e. mba.com and reach the registration page.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘SCHEDULE YOUR EXAM’ tab make only correct entries in the form and create an Account.
- Step 3: On completion of Account, you will receive User ID and password. Be careful while choosing any password for your GMAT account, keep it safe for future use.
- Step 4: Now make the payment of scheduling fee which is $250. The payment can be made using a credit card/debit card/net banking.
- Step 5: Once all the above steps are over, you need to login to your account by using the same ID and password and select the date and spot to take the GMAT exam.
Note: Candidates are recommended that before scheduling your GMAT exam, you should find a convenient test location with available seats.
Book Your Slot in Advance
The number of candidates appearing in GMAT exam is rising at alarming rate. Therefore, it is advised you to register for the exam as much as earlier. Don’t wait until the last moment to register for the exam, you may not get your expected test timing and test center.
GMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
We have displayed the quick overview of GMAT exam pattern 2019, please have a look:
|Sections of GMAT Test||No. of Questions||Type of Questions||Test Timing|
|Verbal||36 Questions||Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension,
|Quantitative||31 Questions||Data Sufficiency
|Integrated Reasoning||12 Questions||Graphics Interpretation, Multi-Source Reasoning,
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1 Topic||Analysis of Argument||30 Minutes|
GMAT Syllabus 2019
The complete syllabus of GMAT 2019 has been divided into four major sections which are as below:
- Quantitative Section– This section covers two areas i.e. Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving where each section will consist of 18 questions. All the questions will be multiple choice questions in this section. Candidates can expect questions from Elementary Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic, Permutation and combinations, Ratio Proportions, Linear Equations, and Properties of Integers etc.
- Analytical Writing Section- Candidates may be given some topics on which they will have to write. Or, they have to answer questions based on the given passage. In this section, the examiner will test your writing skill, how you write your answer in best possible way.
- Integrated Reasoning Section– This section is the newly added section in GMAT syllabus. A person’ aptitude to evaluate data presented in the form of graph or table will be judged in this section. This section will consist of 12 questions based on Table Analysis, Multi Source Reasoning, Graphic Interpretation and Two Part Analysis.
- Verbal Skills- The section includes 36 multiple choice questions in total from three major parts i.e. Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning and Sentence Correction.
GMAT Score 2019: How to Get Your GMAT Score Report?
You will receive a unique link to your registered email ID within 20 calendar days of test. The link contains instructions need to be followed to access your GMAT score report by visiting- www.mba.com/mygmat. In order to view the sample GMAT score report, Click Here
How to Send your GMAT Scores to Schools?
Please remember, your official GMAT score report will be sent to maximum 5 programs, which you have chosen, within 20 days of your test. The required fee is included in your registration fee. So, you don’t need to make any additional payment. However, for the additional score reports, you will be asked to pay $35 extra for each additional report.
Note: After declaration of result, candidates have option to accept or reject the GMAT score. If you accept the result then both you and Institutions of choice can see the result otherwise no one can view the GMAT Result. If students are not satisfied with GMAT Score then they may reject the score and go for next exam as there are no restrictions on attempts. However, a candidate can appear maximum five times in a year.
Stay connected with us for more information on GMAT 2019.