ACT Test 2019– Being a top-known college admission test, ACT can also help you to make a muscular plan for your career after high school. After taking the test, you will receive personalized career information which will further help you to build a comprehensive profile. You can show the past work you did in high school and future plans to your desired college & university with ACT.
The format of ACT test is designed to judge your skill in four subject areas- Mathematics, English, Reading, and Science. The score will be accepted by all the 4-year colleges and universities in the United State.
News: Students are required to follow the schedule given below to register for the exam.
Why should you take ACT?
There are a number of reasons associated to this, some of them are explained below:
- Remember the ACT cannot be counted as an aptitude or IQ test. The test evaluates what you learned in your high school. The harder you learn in high school, more you will be prepared for the test.
- There are several methods available to prepare for ACT test. You can find a number of free online practice sets, free student booklet and quick testing tips for each subject.
- You can build a powerful plan for your future.
- Your score will be calculated based on the number of correct attempts you made. You won’t be penalized for the wrong attempts.
- Taking the ACT will help colleges to find you easily.
- You have control to choose four colleges to whom your ACT score will be sent.
ACT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must read this section before they plan to register for ACT exam. Only an eligible candidate can take ACT and get score. Students of any age and grade levels are permitted to appear for ACT. It means, students having grades 6, 7, 8 and 9 and high school graduates are allowed to apply for the test.
Please check out the official ACT test dates, registration deadlines, score release date etc. The test conducting authority has released the official schedule for ACT 2019-20. We have updated the table as per its official notification.
Test Dates for United States, United States territories, Puerto Rico, and Canada
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||With Late Fee|
|September 14, 2019||August 16, 2019||August 17-30, 2019|
|October 26, 2019||September 20, 2019||September 21-October 4, 2019|
|December 14, 2019||November 8, 2019||November 9-22, 2019|
|February 8, 2020||January 10, 2020||January 11-17, 2020|
|April 4, 2020||Feb 28, 2020||Frb 29- March 13, 2020|
|June 13, 2020||May 8, 2020||May 9-20, 2020|
|July 18, 2020||June 19, 2020||June 20-26, 2020|
International Test Dates for ACT
|Test Date||Registration Deadline|
|September 2019||August 2019|
|October 2019||September 2019|
|December 2019||November 2019|
|April 2020||March 2020|
|June 2020||May 2020|
In order to register for ACT 2019, you will have to create an ACT web account. There are a number of benefits there in after creating an ACT web account:
- You can register online for ACT test 2019;
- It is easy to view your score;
- You can send additional score reports;
- You can register for the next test;
Prerequisites for ACT Registration
- Test date and location. You’ll be also asked to provide certain additional information that will truly define your career.
- A Laptop or Desktop with an internet connection. It is not recommended to use a mobile and tablet.
- Credit card or any other modes of payment.
- High school program details.
- Headshot photograph.
In order to complete the registration process, you’ll be asked to provide a recently taken photograph. Your photograph must meet the requirements as specified below:
- The photograph must belong to any of the format from JPEG, JPG, PNG, or BMP image file.
- The maximum size of the photograph should be 5 MB.
- In case you are not having access to a digital photograph for uploading via computer or you do not have access to your mobile device to upload, you may submit a hard copy of your photograph, which must meet the required specifications.
ACT Test Fees
|ACT (no writing)||$46.00|
ACT with writing
International Testing (Outside of the U.S., Canada, or U.S. territories )
Score reports for 5th and 6th college choices
|$13.00 for each|
|$15.00 (You can call 319.337.1270 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., central time, Monday through Friday)|
Late registration (US or Canada only)
Test date change
Test center change (with same test date)
If you want to view scores and score report online
Test Information Release (TIR)
Payment Mode- One can make the payment by using a credit card. ACT accepts payment through any valid American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa card.
Procedure to Make Changes in the Registration
To make changes in the registration, you need to log in to your ACT web account and choose “Make changes to your registration”. Or else, you may call 319.337.1270. You can make changes in the test option, test center, test date and others such as college choices, address etc.
ACT Test Pattern 2019
Here is the quick highlights of ACT test pattern:
- ACT will test your skill in four subject areas namely Mathematics, English, Reading, and Science.
- If you have chosen ACT with Writing then you will be tested in four subject areas as mentioned above. Additionally, you have to appear for a 40 minutes writing test.
- The ACT test will comprise of 215 multiple-choice questions that are to be solved in 3 hours and 30 minutes, including a short break.
- The total testing hour is 2 hours and 55 minutes. You will be given additional 40 minutes if you have selected ACT with writing.
ACT 2019 Score
The authority will upload your score online and you can see it using your ACT web account. The ACT scores are processed and added on weekly basis. Hence, you should keep checking your account for your scores. Please keep in your mind that the ACT customer care is not capable to provide you information about your score by email, phone, chat or fax.
Dates, When Your Score will be Available
- The multiple-choice scores are usually accessible within two weeks after each international or national test date. However, sometimes, it may take up to eight weeks.
- Writing scores takes approximately two weeks after your multiple-choice scores. If you have selected ACT with writing then your complete score will be considered only after the release of your writing scores.
Tentative Score Reporting Dates
|National or international test dates||Date of releasing Multiple-choice scores|
|September 2019||September 2019–November 2019|
|October 2019||November 2019–January 2020|
|December 2019||December 2019–February 2020|
|February 2019||February 2020–April 2020|
|April 2019||April 2020–June 2020|
|June 2019||June 2020–August 2020|
|July 2019||July 2020–August 2020|
Delivery Timelines for ACT Score
The authority prepares three types of report for each student. Please find the details below:
|Report Type||Will Sent to||Delivery Time||What it contains|
|Student report||To your ACT web account||Take approximately two to eight weeks after the test date||Contains information related to your ACT scores, college and career planning|
|High school report||To your high school||Take approximately two to eight weeks after the test date||Contains information related to your ACT scores, college and career planning|
|College report||List of college or scholarship agency you selected at the time of registration||Depends upon the college and when ordered||Information of student and high school report along with the grades you reported to maximum 30 high school courses; It may contain prediction regarding your performance in particular college program and courses.|